High School Transcript Evaluation
To view this page in PDF, please click here: How the Mt. SAC Adult Diploma Program Evaluates High School Transcripts
How do I obtain my past high school transcripts?
Some high schools charge a small processing fee. If this is the case, you will have to call the school and follow their guidelines for requesting transcripts.
- Go directly to your high school to request your transcripts, or
- Fill out the Transcript Request Form provided to you at orientation, and we will request your transcripts for you.
- Can I start class without an official transcript?Yes. Your unofficial transcripts can be evaluated to determine the first class you will take. Be aware that credits may change based on information obtained from the official transcripts and/or additional transcripts.
- Which of my credits will be accepted?See “Types of Transcripts” below.
- Can I graduate without submitting all of my official transcript?No. The Mt. San Antonio Adult High School Diploma is an official document and all transcripts used to determine credits earned must be official before a diploma can be issued.
- How do I get my international transcripts evaluated?There are independent evaluation services that specialize in translating foreign transcripts. This agency must be a Mt. SAC Adult Diploma Program approved international transcript evaluation service. Approved evaluation services listing may be picked up in the Adult Diploma High School Office Bldg. 30, Room 115, or by calling (909) 274-4937.
- What if my previous high school has already evaluated my international transcript?If your high school can provide a detailed summary from an approved international transcript evaluation service in a sealed, unopened envelope then we can accept that evaluation. Otherwise you will need to get your international transcripts evaluated through an independent service.
- What are the reasons some of my credits aren’t accepted by Mt. SAC?
- There are credits in an area where credits are not accepted for the Mt. SAC Diploma. For example, PE credits do not count towards graduation requirements
- Your credits were earned at a school that is not accredited
- You have already met the credit limit for a specific category (Math, for example).
- How do I know if my school was accredited?See “Accreditation Information” below.
- How do I obtain my past high school transcripts?
- Transcript Evaluation Process
- After the transcript is received, a Mt. SAC staff member checks that all schools listed on the transcript are accredited by verifying membership with an approved accrediting association in the United States.
- It is verified that all credits from international schools have been evaluated by a Mt. SAC Adult Diploma Program approved international evaluation service.
- A staff member evaluates credits on the transcript by placing subjects with passing grades in specific category requirements. For example, Biology = Life Science.
- A preliminary evaluation is done of all credits by listing what classes are completed and which ones still need to be completed.
- Once the preliminary evaluation has been completed, it is submitted to a Supervisor for a second review.
- The evaluation process may take up to one week to complete from the time transcripts are received. *
- After a student has taken the required diagnostic tests, he/she may schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor to discuss the results of the transcript evaluation.
- All appointments are made in person in the Adult Diploma High School Office, Bldg. 30, Room 115, or by calling (909) 274-4937.
- Transcript evaluation process time frame may vary depending on the type of credits listed on the transcript.
- Official TranscriptsAn official transcript is an official document that shows the educational work of a student in high school or college. it is an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned by a student throughout his/her educational history. To be considered "official," the transcript must be officially processed by your high school and sealed in an unopened envelope by the school registrar.
- Unofficial TranscriptsThe following transcripts are considered “unofficial”: copies of transcripts, transcripts that are not signed by school officials, and official transcripts that have been opened, no longer have an official seal, and/or where the seal on the envelope has been broken.
- Accreditation Information
Accreditation is a process meant to guarantee that colleges and schools meet certain standards of quality in the education they provide.
Six regional accreditation associations exist: the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).There are a few states that accredit their schools based on criterion equal to the above associations. These states and their accrediting practices will be verified on a case by case basis.
- Types of Transcripts
- High School Transcripts
- Out-Of-Country/International Transcripts
- Adult School Transcripts
- College Transcripts
- Mt. San Antonio College Transcripts
- High School TranscriptsCredits earned during grades 9-12 from an accredited educational institution.
- Out-of-Country/International TranscriptsCredits earned during grades 9-12 from an educational institution not located in the United States. These transcripts must be evaluated by an approved independent evaluation service. An official detailed report must be submitted to the Mt. SAC Adult Diploma Program in a sealed unopened envelope.
- Adult School TranscriptsCredits earned while attending an accredited adult educational institution.
- College TranscriptsCredits earned while attending an accredited college. Official college transcripts are evaluated by faculty. Credits are issued based on official course descriptions and how college courses align with Mt. SAC high school course objectives.
- Mt. San Antonio College TranscriptsUnits earned while attending Mt. San Antonio College. These units may also count toward your residency requirements.
- Transcript Evaluation Process
For more information, please email us at email@example.com