Math 50 SLO and CMO
MATH 50 SLO
- Math 50 students will be able to simplify expressions.
- Math 50 students will be able to solve a linear equation.
- When performing a problem, Math 50 students will present a logical, step-by-step argument, leading
to a correct conclusion.
MATH 50 CMO
- Demonstrate mastery of relevant vocabulary and notation.
- Use the order of operations to simplify any arithmetic problem involving whole numbers,
integers and rational numbers in both fraction and decimal form.
- Simplify algebraic expressions with any rational number coefficient (includes the
ability to evaluate algebraic expressions and formulas involving any rational number.)
- Determine factors and divisibility of any integer, identify prime numbers and determine
the least common multiple of any combination of whole numbers.
- Solve any linear equation with rational coefficients and apply this ability in solving
- Evaluate ratios and percents, convert between percent and rational numbers and solve
equations and applications involving proportions and percents.
- Find perimeter and area of geometric figures.
- Simplify and approximate square roots and use them in application of the Pythagorean
- Plot points and graph equations in two variables.